Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
dan yun
dan yun Nov 9

BOSTON — Manager Aaron Boone said he might announce his wild-card game starter Sunday Kendrys Morales Jersey , when the New York Yankees close out the regular season with a game against the Boston Red Sox.The Yankees, who reached the 100-win mark for the first time since 2009 with an 8-5 victory Saturday, host the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday night, with the winner going to Fenway Park to open the American League Division Series on Friday.While J.A. Happ would be on regular rest to pitch the game Wednesday, the Yankees could be hesitating to use the left-hander against Oakland and then have him for only one game against the Red Sox. Luis Severino and Masahiro Tanaka are the other candidates.Article continues below ...Severino, a 19-game winner who has struggled in the second half of the season, was pulled from Sunday’s scheduled start but could work in relief in what would be his throw day. The Yankees have not announced their starter.“We’ll get into that pretty heavily tonight,” Boone said before Saturday’s game. “After (the game), we’ll get together and talk about that. We’re starting to, you know, the last couple days have started to have those conversations casually. After last night’s game, with a little more intent behind it. But we’ll meet tonight and get closer to that decision.”Rick Porcello, a 17-game winner likely to start Game 3 of the ALDS, will start for the Red Sox on Sunday. The AL East champions have allowed 29 runs during their three-game losing streak.“I can’t wait until Monday,” said Red Sox manager Alex Cora, who has to run another meaningless game Sunday before it all starts for real Friday.The Yankees broke the record for home runs in a season with two more Saturday (nine in the last three games, all wins) with 266 as Gleyber Torres provided the record-breaker and Giancarlo Stanton also hit one. That gave Stanton 100 RBIs, and Miguel Andujar smacked two more doubles, giving him 46 and breaking his tie with Joe DiMaggio for the franchise rookie record set in 1936.Torres homered out of the ninth spot in the lineup, making the Yankees the first team with at least 20 homers from every spot in the batting order.“Everybody knows (what) was the number, and I hit the ball Jesse Barfield Jersey ,” Torres said.” I feel really happy. My teammates, too. All season we do a really good job, everybody do something. I’m happy for us, and we enjoyed our moment.”Stanton was hit by his own home run ball, a fan hitting him on the foot with a throw all the way from the Green Monster.“That’s the idea when you’re an opposing fan, but I don’t think that’s what he meant to do,” Stanton said. “Either way, if I was looking up, I could have grabbed it easily.“It happens all the time at our stadium, here too. Not too worried about it — plus that could be a special ball, so we needed it anyways. I think he lost some money possibly on it anyways.”It appeared the black-shirted fan eluded authorities by not hanging around to take a bow.Lance Lynn, pulled from the start to work in long relief — his likely postseason roll, pitched three strong innings of relief to even his record at 10-10.The game appeared to be well in hand late but got sticky enough in the ninth inning for Aroldis Chapman to enter for his first save chance since coming off the disabled list, picking up his 32nd and first since Aug. 14. He struck out two of the three hitters he faced, getting Jackie Bradley Jr. as the potential tying run to end the game.Porcello, 17-7 with a 4.33 ERA this season, was originally scheduled to pitch the series opener Friday. He is 2-0 with a 2.53 ERA this year against the Yankees — 10-8, 3.16 in his career. He’s had one bad start against New York this season, but his other two have been gems, allowing a combined one run and three hits in 16 innings, with strikeouts.The Red Sox Brett Anderson Jersey , who will open the ALDS at home Friday, have already broken the club record for wins in a season and, after an off day Thursday, come into the finale at 107-54 — with the two rivals 9-9 in their season series.The Yankees reached 100 wins for the 20th time in their history. They won the championship in 12 of those seasons but had to worry about playing in only the World Series in some of them.New York learned before the game that CC Sabathia was suspended for five games for hitting Tampa Bay’s Jesus Sucre on Thursday. The suspension will be served next season, when Sabathia, who has already said he plans to pitch another year, could be with another team. PITTSBURGH (AP) — Before he took the mound Tuesday night, Pirates starter Joe Musgrove just didn’t feel right while warming up in the bullpen.In his quest to get things straightened out, he made a quick change to his approach.That tactic seemed to work, as Musgrove took a shutout into the seventh inning for Pittsburgh in a 7-3 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. Starling Marte hit a two-run homer and Gregory Polanco had a two-run double for the Pirates.Musgrove (6-8) allowed two runs and struck out eight. He gave up five hits — four singles — over 6 1/3 innings. The key for him was trusting catcher Francisco Cervelli to make a change to the game plan because Musgrove didn’t have his best stuff.“I learned a lot from him tonight about how to disguise pitches,” Musgrove said. “That was the earliest in the game I’ve gone to my changeup. Usually, the first inning or two, I’ve gone fastball heavy.”That’s what this September is going to be all about for Musgrove, who has yet to finish a season as a starter in the majors. Last year with World Series champion Houston, he was moved to the bullpen as the Astros entered their stretch run.“This is something that I haven’t really gone through, ever, where I feel so inconsistent with my delivery,” Musgrove said. “I feel like you never stop learning.”Scooter Gennett homered twice for Cincinnati.Marte’s homer in the fourth scored Pablo Reyes, who reached on his first major league hit. Polanco drove in Marte and Adam Frazier with a double in the third. Frazier doubled and scored on Francisco Cervelli’s single in the first.Marte’s homer was the first for a Pirates player other than Frazier or Polanco since Aug. 15.The top four batters in Pittsburgh’s lineup went a combined 8 for 17 and drove in five runs.“You’re looking for contagions,” manager Clint Hurdle said. “Hopefully, this was a contagion to get us going in a direction. We haven’t had a lot of consistency.”Reds starter Cody Reed (0-2) permitted six runs and nine hits in a season-high five innings. It was Reed’s third start of the season for Cincinnati. He’s made 10 relief appearances.Gennett hit solo shots in the seventh and eighth http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-george-bell-jersey , giving him 22 homers this season. It was his second multihomer game of the year.“The only positives we take from it are Scooter’s performance, really, and Cody finished up with a good fifth inning,” Reds manager Jim Riggleman said. “We’re trying to stretch him out a little bit. Hopefully we can get him sixth and further, eventually. I think the big blow of the game was Marte adding two more.”Cincinnati chased Musgrove in the seventh and loaded the bases. Pirates reliever Richard Rodriguez hit Phillip Ervin with a pitch, allowing one run to score, but struck out Dilson Herrera and got Mason Williams to ground out to end the threat.SMOOTH DEBUTMaking his first career start, Reyes hit an infield single in his second at-bat. He drove in his first career run with a double in the eighth to finish 2 for 4. The 24-year-old started the season at Double-A Altoona. “I’m so excited,” Reyes said. “This is something that I’ve dreamed since I was a kid.”ROSTER MOVESAfter the Triple-A season ended Monday, both teams added players from the minor leagues. Pittsburgh recalled RHP Tanner Anderson, RHP Michael Feliz, RHP Clay Holmes and OF Jordan Luplow, and selected the contracts of INF Kevin Kramer and C Ryan Lavarnway. The Pirates designated LHP Buddy Boshers for assignment. Cincinnati recalled RHP Tyler Mahle and RHP Keury Mella, and selected the contracts of C Tim Federowicz and OF Gabriel Guerrero.TRAINER’S ROOMReds: Mella was placed on the 60-day disabled list with a left oblique strain, ending his season. He last pitched for Triple-A Louisville on Aug. 24.Pirates: C Elias Diaz (right hamstring discomfort) is expected to miss at least 10 days and might not return at all this season, according to Hurdle. Diaz hasn’t played since he was removed from Friday’s game.UP NEXTReds: In the series finale Wednesday, RHP Homer Bailey (1-13, 6.13 ERA) will attempt to avoid becoming the first Reds pitcher to lose 14 games in a season since Mat Latos in 2013.Pirates: RHP Jameson Taillon (11-9, 3.45 ERA) is scheduled to start. He is 2-0 and is holding opponents to a .217 batting average over his last three starts.