They will go through the Barents S | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhouyueyue
zhouyueyue Dec 7
A helicopter is sent to rescue a crew member during an emergency drill at seas near Sansha in south China's Hainan Province Matt Wieters Jersey , July 14, 2016. An emergency drill involving 13 ships and a helicopter was held Thursday morning at seas near Sansha in Hainan, the city's marine bureau said. (XinhuaLiu Deng)

HONG KONG, July 17 (Xinhua) -- The ad hoc tribunal handling the South China Sea arbitration has no legal relationship with the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), experts said at the Public International Law Colloquium on Maritime Disputes Settlement held here at the weekend.

The ad hoc tribunal is rather an arbitration set up under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), Myron Nordquist, professor of the University of Virginia, said on Saturday.

The South China Sea arbitration, according to Professor Nordquist, is not a PCA arbitration.

Kuen-chen Fu, professor of Xiamen University, noted that there is easily confusion about the name of the PCA. He pointed out that the PCA should no longer be called a "court," as it is not an agency of the United Nations, and should not be confused with the International Court of Justice, which is a judicial branch of the UN.

Speaking during the two-day panel, which is jointly organized by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center and the Chinese Society of International Law, Professor Stefan Talmon from the University of Bonn questioned the make-up of the ad hoc tribunal.

In Talmon's view, mechanisms that have more arbitrators could produce more balanced outcomes than the ad hoc tribunal which has only five members.

Talmon pointed out that there are over 160 parties to the UNCLOS, but only 30 have made appointments to the list of arbitrators, and merely three of them are Asian states.

Parties may consider taking it more seriously in appointing the list of arbitrators, so that there could be a more balanced panels in the future, he said.

The two-day colloquium attracted over 200 law experts from around the world to discuss issues concerning settlements of maritime disputes.

BEIJING, April 25 (Xinhua) -- Sports has the power to change lives. In China more and more citizens, who aren't necessarily athletes Matt Adams Jersey , developed their sports dreams by challenging one record after another.

Zhang Shupeng's name was widely known after he announced his plan to challenge the 8100-meter fly without wearing a oxygen mask.

The 29-year-old "No. 1 wingsuiter in Asia" was a paraglider in China before he falls in love with wingsuit fly. Since 2004, Zhang has won the national parachute gliding championship ten times and won the paragliding world championship point title in 2009.

Currently, less than 600 people in the world have attempted wingsuit fly, and Zhang is one of them.

"I became a wingsuiter two years ago, but my wingsuit flying dream was much longer than that Mark Reynolds Jersey ," said Zhang.

"I couldn't have learned paragliding if it was not for my dream of wingsuit fly."

Zhang's dream of challenge was shared by Guo Chuan, the first sailor from China to complete a non-stop solo circumnavigation of the globe.

Guo claimed earlier this week that he would charge on the first world record of multiple-person non-stop navigation through the Northeast Passage of the Arctic Ocean.

On April 5 of 2013, Guo Chuan returned to the northeastern port city of Qingdao, his home town, becoming the first sailor from China to complete a non-stop solo circumnavigation of the globe after a gruelling 138-day Kevin Long Jersey , 21,600-nautical-mile voyage.

Guo and other 4 top sailors from Russia, France, Britain and Norway respectively, will set sail in early September of this year aboard the super Trimaran IDEC named "Qingdao.China" from the Murmansk port (68"58' N and 33"05' E) in northern Russia. They will go through the Barents Sea Joe Blanton Jersey , White Sea, Kara Sea, Laptev Sea, East Siberian Sea and Chukchi Sea in the south of the Arctic Ocean through the Northeast Passage without any stop or extra-supply, and finally reach the destination Joaquin Benoit Jersey , namely Provideniya (64"25' N and 173"13' W) on the Bering Strait of Russia.

The first world record on this route will be then created.

When Guo is pursuing his new milestone on the sea, another Chinese sportsman is on his way of breaking a new record on land.

Chen Penbin, an 37-year-old ultra-marathoner, is trying to finish 100 marathons in as many consecutive days.

Born in a small town in southern Zhejiang province, Chen had an ordinary dream Jayson Werth Jersey , becoming a stake holder of fishing, until he fell in love with endurance challenging.

"I had a very simple life as a child," said Chen. "Narrow view, short-sighted, I felt reading or learning useless Howie Kendrick Jersey , so I quit school after finishing my primary education and became a fisherman."

Chen wasn't a very good fisherman. He spent nine years on the fishing boat, but failed to earn money in any of them.

It was in 2000 when Chen discovered his talent.

"I finished first with 438 push-ups in the competition and I had started to take part in all kinds of competitions since and I found my advantage in stamina," he said.

That competition opened a new world for Chen. He began to take more and more challenges from then on.

After winning a series of domestic races, he tried his first international ultra-marathon in 2009.

In 2014, after a 100km run in South Pole Gio Gonzalez Jersey , Chen became the first to have run ultra-marathons in all seven continents.

"'Ultra' does not just mean long distance, but also persistence. During the 100 marathons, he will spend a lot of time running alone. He reminded me of Forrest Gump," said former basketball star Yao Ming about Chen.

None of Zhang, Guo or Chen is professional athlete Daniel Murphy Jersey , but their sports dreams are supported, both privately and publicly.

More "Forrest Gumps" are expected to emerge as Grass roots develop sports dream in Chin. Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap NHL Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap Jerseys Shop   Cheap Jerseys China Free Shipping   Wholesale Hats   Wholesale Hoddies China   Cheap Nike NBA Hoddies   Wholesale Hoddies Free Shipping   Cheap Hoddies Free Shipping